Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Give me SOMETHING!

We got our myguideBritain travel package today, and I was disappointed to find that they still have not provided us with street addresses for 4 out of our 7 accommodations. Some of the directions are pretty straight forward - but most are not. One place simply says Bruce Gardens - but that place has more than one B&B in it so how are we to know which one it is?

I emailed the person I'm working with at myguideBritain and told them that if they can't give me street numbers - that's fine. But I need some longitude & latitude coordinates or something. I'm not going to go tramping across half of Scotland looking for one B&B. Sure, that'd be a story to tell and I'd see some cool stuff but in the process I'll be wasting time I could be spending seeing places I've been dreaming about for ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think thats quite right, in this modern day and age, we should all have a minimum expectation that a street address, postcode, something a little more specific should be provided to travellers from their travel agency. Unless they plan on issuing Shirpa guides to aide you on your journeys, which in Scotland, is probably not be such a bad idea.

I hope your enjoying your time in Scotland, theres no place like it. The only place in the world where the only difference between summer and winter is that the rain is warmer lol.


Jamie