Thursday, February 21, 2008

60 days

Today is the two month mark before of our trip - and I think we're doing well for two months. We make our final payment for the hotel/car portion which was booked through MyGuideBritian on Monday - which I'm very excited to do. Once that's made I know there is no going back.

We found me a different jacket, as the one we bought when we bought my boots was just too bulky and not great for our type of traveling. The new one is much lighter and not as bulky, longer, more versatile and less money too which is nice. Now all we have to do is return the other one :) We went for a long walk yesterday and tried out my boots and jacket and I was happy to know that my jacket was very warm and yet not sweat inducing or uncomfortable to hike around with. The wind was strong and very bitting and I was comfortable in my jacket and ergo comfortable with my purchase. My boots were comfortable, but after wearing them for a good two hours I started to feel the effects of "wearing them in". I hope that this is just the wearing in process and not a bad choice in boots. I have realize that I might want to buy some gloves though - as my hands were frozen by the time we got back. I'm preparing for cold, wet weather - I wonder what's going to happen if we're blessed with mild, dry weather? I suppose that "blessed" is the right word.

No comments: