Thursday, August 16, 2007

Maybe for the best?

I called Aer Lingus and apparently they've scheduled their flights in such a way that the Glasgow to Dublin flight just misses the Dublin to Los Angeles flight. Our new strategy? Fly in and out of Dublin and then travel to Scotland. It knocks about $300 off our my original budget so in essance we could spend $300 on getting to and from Scotland & Dublin and still be where I thought we'd be money wise.

Now, just to figure out how...

On a completely related rant: How the HELL is it the same price to fly ROUND TRIP between LAX & GLA as it is to fly one way?! You guys think I kid - I DO NOT! Go onto Travelocity.com and price out the difference between a one-way flight to Glasgow from LAX and a round trip flight.

It'll blow your socks off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's more expensive or sometimes the same price because if you are only travelling one way the airline needs to find another body to fill your seat going the other way. I know when I finally moved here it cost me $900 to fly from Columbus to N Carolina nd then to Gatwick...I couldn't even find any direct flights.

maura_ea said...

That's not fair though! Why should I pay because they need to find another flyer?! They should be charging me for the service & gas - THAT'S IT!

I bet if they charged accordingly - they would get more flyers.