Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Daylight Hours

Paul added some stuff he wanted to see in Edinburgh, and I finally decided to plan out our day according to our daylight hours. I'd heard a lot of websites warn against the fact that the days can be very short during certain times of year and to be prepared for that. So I went hunting for a website that would tell us when the sun was rising & setting during our trip - April & May of this year.

I found a great site called Date & Time, and I was so happy to see that I'd actually been underestimating our daylight by about three hours! This makes me so happy because I'd been prepared for the worst and we're actually going during a really great time :) Granted, it's not light until 10pm like in July - but 8pm is much better than 5pm.

Now that I've planned Edinburgh, I'm going to move onto the rest of our cities.

Don't forget, you can see our entire itinerary -->HERE<-- courtesy of Yahoo! Trip Planner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Scotland is fairly northern, so our winter days are fairly short (sun sets before 4pm some days) but the upside is that the summer nights are very light (In fact, some days it *is* light until 10pm)

Anonymous said...

just came back from scotland, inverness area was very suprised at the amount of daylight up there over the last three days
hardly a night at all looked like dusk 9.30p.m. london all night.
then got brighter about 3.30 a.m.
never got dark at all realy could still see half a mile in the countryside very pleasant supprise but sent my bodyclock haywire...lol