Saturday, July 28, 2007

Aer Lingus & other questions answered

AerLingus-PRICE

After much investigation (their website kept "redirecting" me) I've found that Aer Lingus will be a perfect way to save some money - though I'm going to have to change our plans a bit. First off, during the season we're going - they only fly three days out of the week. Second, we will have a stop off in Dublin - but I've made sure it's only a stop off - we'll be flying into Scotland the same day in a matter of a couple of hours (kind of excited about flying into Dublin!). Third, I still haven't priced out the difference between flying in and out of the same location (such as Glasgow) but I was a bit excited about seeing two airports so I had planned it that way for a reason.

I've never flown - have I mentioned that yet? I suppose a part of me is simply excited and anxious to see as many airports as I possibly can in one trip :)

As for the driver's license - I haven't confirmed it yet - though from the sounds of everyone comments it seems as though because I'll only be there for a week I wont need to get a license. That'll make it all the easier and cheaper though I'll certainly have my head buried in the Highway Code that Lithian was kind enough to link for me. I'm actually a big "driver" here - and I love to know the rules of the road and shout at people who don't follow them :) Though no worries! I won't be brave enough to shout at the Scots - even if they shout at me.

Sadly, as both Lithian and Princesskasren have pointed out, out 8 days wont be nearly enough time to see everything. We're making a circle but at the same time we're planning on going inside and outside of the circle as well. I wish we could stay longer but on top of my work allowing me only so much time for vacation (We haven't even fathomed Paul's work as they haven't offered him any kind of "paid vacation" and he's been there for six months) there is also the cost! We're bursting our budget as it is - I can tell you that much. Though, if we save as much as it looks like we'll be saving on the airfare, we may be able to stay a day or two more.

On another note, I'm slightly considering bumping our trip forward a month. Most of the books we're looking at say the weather turns at April and we're planning March. My only concern is the price. The reason I chose March was because they said that the prices begin to turn at April. I'm so conflicted! This may be my one and only chance to A) see any place that's not in the US and B) see Scotland - a place I've dreamt about going for quite some time. I've already promised Paul that this trip wouldn't bankrupt us - but all I want to do if stay for as long as I can in some weather that allows me to see all that beauty I've dreamt about.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Lennis said...

I'll have to keep that airline in mind. We want to go to Ireland for our honeymoon, which will not be right after the wedding.